Charitable donations often represent the primary source of funding for many Non-Profit
organizations. In most countries, a charitable donation made by an individual will
provide him or her with an income tax deduction.
Advantages of Making a Donation:
- Ability to see where the money goes – When you choose to donate to local charity
organizations, you can see where the money goes, view their programs and more. There
is something very satisfying about giving locally.
- Knowing your money is helping your community – Sending charitable donations overseas
is great for some, but others prefer to keep their philanthropy efforts in their
- The fact is giving on the local level is an excellent way to help improve your local
community, help your neighbors and even improve your environment.
- Tax deductions – As long as non-profit organizations have the proper 501(c)3 designation,
donations can be deducted from taxes. This is a great benefit of giving to charity.
- Giving on the local level has many advantages. It is important, however, to be very
sure about the organization you are donating to.
Search our database of over a million organizations to identify the Non-Profit
organization that are doing the work, you want to support.